Thank you for considering one of our properties!
RENTAL CRITERIA – Rosin Apartments
Below is a list of our rental criteria and our general process. We process all completed applications received by our office and will select the best qualified application for our owners. The applications submitted are not considered complete and cannot be processed until:
- All applicants for the unit have applied and paid the application fee.
- All information required has been submitted to 365 Property Management.
The following is a general list of information required for all applicants; some applicants may be required to submit information beyond this list.
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid Pay stubs for the most recent 6-week period
- Current photo of any pet/animal listed on the rental application – $100 nonrefundable Pet fee, and pet interview required.
All the above-listed information must be received by our office for your application to be considered complete. Above documents may be uploaded directly to your online application form while you are applying or can be emailed to INFO@365realtygroup.com. If you do not have access to a computer, please call us to arrange a time to meet at the office to complete your application process.
- All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity. A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 is required for any adult over 18.
- Applicants must have a combined gross monthly income of at least two times (2x) the monthly rent for the property in which they are applying for. We do not accept co-signers. We may deny on the basis of this income requirement even if pre-paid rent is offered by applicant.
- Credit scores beneath 550 will not be accepted. Scores will be averaged out based on all applicants for the Property. Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain landlord collections, judgments, eviction filing, or liens within the past three (3) years. All bankruptcies must be discharged and at least three (3) years old to qualify. Open or dismissed bankruptcy in the past seven (7) years will not be accepted. Credit that comes back with no score will be adjusted to 500 for scoring purposes. Credit reports that show as frozen must be lifted for 24 hours by the agency. If you know your credit is frozen, please take care of this prior to submitting an application or it may result in not being approved. An application may be denied due to poor credit history. All applicants must have a valid Social Security number to apply.
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request two (2) years of tax returns/1099s/three (3) months of business bank statements and non-employed or retired individuals must provide verifiable proof of income. Six (6) weeks of pay stubs required for non-self-employed applicants. Must be at current job for at least 3 months or have transferred to the same career field.
- All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
- Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past seven (7) years involving the manufacture or distribution of controlled substances. For other felony convictions, we will conduct individualized assessments that take into account mitigating factors, such as facts & circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct, age at time of conduct, evidence of good tenancy before and after conduct, nature & severity of conviction and the amount of time that has passed since the conviction. Criminal history which indicates that an applicant’s tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or whose tenancy could result in substantial physical damage to the property of the owner or others may result in rejection of the application.
- 6 months of rental history required. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination. Family members do not count as verifiable rental history. Current on mortgage payments will suffice as rental history in most cases.
- No cats please. Small dogs will be considered after pet interview. If you have a pet, please request interview. No pets (with the exception of medically necessary animals for the benefit of the occupant(s)) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees/deposits are waived for service-related animals. If a pet is present on the premises that has not been approved, it will result in an automatic lease violation which may lead to an eviction. This applies to pets staying for "one night" or pets you are "sitting". If a pet has not been approved at move in, the pet is not authorized to be on the property at any time.
- An administrative fee is due at the time of lease signing in the amount of $50.00 per household. This fee covers your lease agreement and move in.
- Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of one month's rent. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent. Property will be held for a maximum of two weeks with a deposit and signed lease. Lease must be signed within 48 business hours of being approved.
- The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
- Sample Lease- please review our sample lease prior to applying. (this lease is a sample only; terms and conditions may be different on actual lease).
- No boats, trailers, campers, rv’s etc. are allowed. One vehicle per apartment. No parking on retail side of steet.
- Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Our company policy is to report all non-compliance with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau and/or a collection agency and if the amount is disputed, it shall be reported as disputed in accordance with law.