Application Guidelines and Other Criteria
We process all completed applications received by our office. The applications submitted are not considered complete and cannot be processed until:
- All Adult applicants 18 or older have submitted a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 is required for any adult over 18.
- All information required has been submitted to 365 Property Management
- Applicant has viewed the rental property in person
The following is a general list of information required for all applicants; some applicants may be required to submit information beyond this list:
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid proof of income for the most recent 6-week period
- Current photo of any pet or service animal listed on the rental application
- Pet/non pet/service animal application required – Please view it here
All the above-listed information must be received by our office for your application to be considered complete. Above documents may be uploaded directly to your online application form while you are applying or can be emailed to INFO@365realtygroup.com. Once your application is submitted, it cannot be edited. All communication during your application process will be done in writing via email. Any application deficiencies will be emailed to you promptly after review for correction. 365 Property Management is not responsible for undelivered emails or missed emails.
NOTE: Potential renters should NOT complete the application before you can request a showing. We simply request that you look over the application requirements prior to making a showing request.
365 Property Management will hold a property off market for you for a maximum time of 2 weeks with a full holding fee and signed lease agreement.
Sample Lease- please review our sample lease prior to applying. (this lease is a sample only; terms and conditions may be different on actual lease).
Typical move in fees:
- Applicants will be required to pay a holding fee/first months rent at the time of lease execution. Fee is equal to one months full rent. Holding fee is due within 24 hours of application approval.
- Security Deposit: Due within 3 days of move in, in the amount of at least one months full rent. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
- Onetime lease administrative fee in the amount of $50.00 per household due with security deposit payment.
- Utility deposit: Charlotte/Sarasota applicants will be required to pay a $200.00 utility deposit.
- Any pet fees that may be due.
Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association (HOA) and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit or utility deposit and there may be a waiting period. (Note: if the home you are applying for is in an HOA please check with the property manager prior to applying to be sure there are no pet size or breed restrictions or no commercial vehicle, boats, trailers, motorcycle etc. restrictions, should you own any)
- FAIR HOUSING STATEMENT
- 365 Property Management, Inc. is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local fair housing laws.
- 365 Property Management, Inc. will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, familial status, disability, or any other specific classes protected by applicable laws.
- 365 Property Management, Inc. will allow any reasonable accommodation or reasonable modification based upon a disability-related need. The person requesting any reasonable modification may be responsible for the related expenses.
- Rental History
- 2 years of rental history required.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
- Family members do not count as verifiable rental history.
- Current on mortgage payments will suffice as rental history in most cases.
- Income Verification
- Applicants must have a combined gross monthly income of at least three times (3x) the monthly rent for the property in which they are applying for. We may deny on the basis of this income requirement even if pre-paid rent is offered by applicant. Any employment where you are moving to Florida/the area and the previous employment will not continue, does not count towards income requirements. Gross monthly income requirement for 3 or more unrelated adult tenants is 2x rent amount, per adult applicant
- Acceptable Documentation of Income
- W2 Paystubs
Please click here if you are self employed
- 6 weeks of most recent copies (we may also request 3 months of bank statements)
- 1099 / Self-Employed
- If on 1099 or Self-Employed for the previous two years
- Last two years of income tax statements
- Record of last two months of deposits to a personal bank account
- If on 1099 or Self-Employed for less than two years
- 6 months of bank statements showing income into a personal account. The account cannot be where business funds are deposited (no commingling of personal and business funds). The average will be considered your current monthly income.
- Any income tax statements issued during the time since on 1099 or self-employed
- Last two years of income tax statements
- Record of last two months of deposits to a personal bank account
- Official Extension of Job Offer
- Must be on official letterhead of employer
- The employer must be legally registered in the state where the property is located
- Approval dependent on verification of authenticity at the discretion of the screening individual
- Must have a start date, date offer extended, and base income
- Letter of hire/extension of job offer will not satisfy the requirement of pay stubs after applicant has already began with the company after 2 weeks of hire
- Official letter required
- Bank statements of deposits required
- Any other sources of income such as, Child Support, Housing Vouchers, etc., will be considered and must be verifiable. Child Support, if court ordered and a payment history of at least 6 months can be shown from the state website will be considered.
- Unacceptable Documentation of Income
- General Rule: If it’s not reported to the IRS, it is not accepted
- Handwritten and typed notes
- Non-verifiable letters of employment
- Letters of employment after applicant has been working for company more than 2 weeks
- Self-generated reports
- Cash receipts
- Bank statements
- Any other items that do not show your full name
- Employment that will end upon moving
- 365PM does not use “the work number”. Applicant must log into their own account and print 3 months of pay stubs to submit.
- Credit Check
- Credit scores beneath 550 will not be accepted.
- Credit history and/or civil court records must not contain eviction filings for the past 7 years or any filings of judgements or liens within the past 7 years and must have a $0 balance no matter how old the judgement or lien is.
- Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain any amounts owed to a landlord or any past due amounts on a mortgage.
- Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain any utility collection over the amount of $200 total collections. (Power, water, trash, etc)
- An application may be denied due to poor credit history.
- Credit reports that show as frozen must be lifted for 24 hours by the agency. If you know your credit is frozen, please take care of this prior to submitting an application or it may result in not being approved
- SSN Required: You must have a Social Security Number to complete a full background check.
- We cannot rent to you without a full background check.
- We do not inquire about immigration status, and it is not a factor in approval.
- Criminal records must contain no convictions for crimes involving violence, assault or battery, drug manufacturing or distribution or firearms within the past seven years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event a record comes back "adjudication withheld", “nolle prosse,” or “adjudication deferred,” further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis. For other felony convictions, we will conduct individualized assessments that take into account mitigating factors, such as facts & circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct, age at time of conduct, evidence of good tenancy before and after conduct, nature & severity of conviction and the amount of time that has passed since the conviction Criminal history which indicates that an applicant’s tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or whose tenancy could result in substantial physical damage to the property of the owner or others may result in rejection of the application.
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy must have been discharged no less than two years prior to application, with no new negative credit reports during the same period. Open bankruptcy will be denied. Dismissed bankruptcies must be at least 5 years old to qualify.
- Pet Policies and Fees
- All applicants, regardless of whether they have pets, no pets, service animals, or ESA's, must complete a profile via 365rentalhomes.petscreening.com/. This process verifies you understand the rules, rights, and restrictions surrounding animals in and on the property.
- There is no charge, pet deposit, or administrative fee for applicants without pets or for those with animals verified through petscreening.com as being service or emotional support animals.
- The application for renting a home is not complete until the Pet Screening profile is complete, regardless of if you have a pet or not.
- Pet Fee: A $250.00 per pet ‘Pet Fee’ will be assessed before move in. Breed restrictions apply and can be found at the 365rentalhomes.petscreening.com/website in depth. Some properties may not take pets, please visit our website and check the property marketing for the property you are interested in.
- Refundable Pet Deposit or monthly pet fee may be required per pet in addition to the above required pet fee.
- Maximum Two Pets
- Fish in tanks less than 20 gallons, permanently caged pets (small reptiles, small mammals that are not allowed to freely roam outside of their cage) are not counted in the limit but may require a pet fee, this may change per property, please check each properties requirement.
- Pets may not be considered during the lease term if not approved at time of application approval.
- Copy of Background Reports
- 365 Property Management, Inc is NOT a credit reporting agency. As such, 365 Property Management, Inc DOES NOT issue applicants a copy of reports that issuing credit reporting agencies may allow 365 Property Management, Inc to access.
- If you are denied based on information obtained in your credit report, you will be provided:
- An adverse action notice via mail
- The name and contact information for the issuing credit reporting agency. You have the right to contact the issuing authority and to request to a copy of your report from them directly.
- No Porting of Pre-Issued Credit or Other Reports to 365PM: 365 Property Management, Inc does not accept previously issued criminal and financial background reports due to instances of fraudulent documents. You must complete an application and undergo a full screening via 365PM’s processes.
- 365 Property Management, Inc Reports are Good for 30 Days on 365 Property Management, Inc Properties: Your background check is good for any property leased by 365 Property Management, Inc and can be used to qualify without additional fees should your application be approvable but you did not get the initial property. Your report is accepted for up to 30 days from date run.
- Total Number of Occupants
- Max Occupancy Limits: We adhere to and follow HUD guidelines.
- Co-Tenants and Co-Signers
- Anyone 18+ in age who applies with another person to occupy a home.
- All co-tenants are considered fully and inseparable part of an application and lease and are individually fully responsible for accuracy and compliance with the application and lease.
- Any occupant who may be added later, if known, should be screened with all immediate occupants. There is no guarantee a future potential occupant may be approved, including family members, if they are 18+ in age
- 365 Property Management, Inc DOES NOT allow Co-Signers - non-resident who agrees to be financially and legally responsible for the terms of the lease and all legal compliance, in addition to the actual occupants.
- Harassment of Staff and Property Owner Communication
- Harassment of staff or any attempt to contact the property owner directly will result in immediate and automatic denial.
- Harassment of staff includes but is not limited to actions taken verbally, by text, email, in person, or any other method that are:
- Threats, whether physical, legal, or otherwise
- Repeated demands for status updates when a specific response timeframe has already been provided and has not passed
- Expressing in a hostile manner that 365 Property Management, Inc. or the property owner will be making a mistake if you are not approved
- Making demands in an attempt to force 365PM to approve you
- Insulting staff
- Swearing directed towards staff personally
- Any other actions deemed harassment at the discretion of 365PM
- UNTIL THE LEASE IS SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES, IF YOU ENGAGE IN ANY OF THE ABOVE BEHAVIORS ANY PREVIOUS APPROVAL WILL BE REVOKED. All Communications may be monitored and/or recorded for quality assurance, and recordings (if available) will be consulted in making any determination to revoke a previous approval.
- Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Our company policy is to report all non-compliance with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau and/or a collection agency and if the amount is disputed, it shall be reported as disputed in accordance with law.
IF YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED
Immediately after approval, an offer to lease/approval will be sent via email to the approved applicant(s), including details of the offer which will be followed by an application approval letter that will need to be E-signed within 24 hours. If the letter is not signed within 24 hours, the property may go to someone else. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check their email during the approval process. We are not responsible for missed or not delivered emails. Once signed, your First Month’s Rent/Holding Fee is due within 24 hours in certified funds only. Funds will need to be overnighted to our mailing address listed in your approval. Once the approval letter is signed your lease will be drafted and must be signed within 48 hours.
IF YOUR APPLICATION IS DENIED
You will be emailed an adverse action letter stating the reason(s) for denial if your application was denied based on something in your credit report. If the denial was based on your credit report, you will be entitled to a free copy of your credit report from the credit agency. You will need to contact the screening company directly to obtain a copy. 365 Property Management does not discuss the results with you.